Mental Health Training for Managers/Supervisors Overview
The Mental Health Training for Managers/Supervisors course is designed to give those in a supervisory/managerial role a basic understanding of the challenges individuals and businesses face now and in the future with the increasing prevalence of mental health.
The Mental Health Training for Managers/Supervisors one-day course will include:
- Introduction to mental health, mental fitness, mental well-being and mental illness
- Stress caused by work and external stressors
- Common types of mental illness
- Managing mental health and mental illness in the workplace, the personal and business case
- The HSE management standards for stress risk assessments and associated laws associated with mental health in the workplace
- The role of management and supervision in managing mental health
- Listening skills
- Mental health first aid
- Building mental fitness and resilience in the workplace.
To apply for this course individuals must be a manager or supervisor.