NEBOSH National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals
This qualification is a perfect choice for anyone who wants to make health and safety their career. Building upon the foundation of knowledge provided by the NEBOSH General Certificate.
The course takes place for 38 weeks, one-day a week attendance.
This qualification will help you build confidence in your capabilities. Through your studies, you will develop the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand how health and safety legislation is applied and possible enforcement actions that could be taken
- Identify and effectively communicate relevant health and safety information
- Advice on a range of common workplace health and safety issues including how these can be assessed, controlled and monitored
- Develop a health and safety policy strategy (including proactive safety, Corporate Social Responsibility and the change management process)
- Develop a risk management strategy
- Promote a positive health and safety culture
- Develop and audit health and safety management systems
- Maintain individual and organisational health and safety competence
- Manage contractors and supply chains to ensure compliance with health and safety standards.
To complete the NEBOSH Diploma you must have completed the NEBOSH Certificate.
The assessments focus on the application of knowledge to help you prepare for health and safety tasks you may face in the workplace:
ND1 – Know – workplace health and safety principles
Assignment – workplace-based tasks together with simulations, reflective activities and a research topic
ND2 – Do – controlling workplace health issues
Scenario-based case study
ND3 – Do – controlling workplace safety issues
Scenario-based case study
How will it help me?
This advanced health and safety qualification will support your academic and career progression. Success will mean you:
- Gain health and safety skills and knowledge that are relevant to many different sectors
- Develop professional skills so you can lead and influence health and safety issues at all levels
- Hold a qualification that is recognised and respected by employers and your peers
- Meet the academic requirements to apply for membership of numerous professional bodies
- Achieve a sound basis for progression to postgraduate study
- Can use the designatory letters DipNEBOSH
- Are eligible to become a member of the NEBSOH Alumni.
Advantages for employers:
This qualification has been developed with experts for experts and offers employers real benefits. NEBOSH Diploma holders can help to:
- Build in-house health and safety expertise
- Develop a safer workplace
- Improve safety culture
- Demonstrate a commitment to health and safety, which can ultimately help win business.